MAC Surf Baby Haul & Swatches

Hi Dolls! It's been requested that I post what I bought from the MAC Surf Baby collection and swatches immediately. So here is your eye candy for the day ;)
The Skinsheen Bronzer stick in Tan Tint is described as a soft suntan bronze. It has a matte/satin finish, which is nice because I prefer no shimmer in my bronzer. Tan Tint is the "lightest" bronzer of the three that came in this collection and is more suitable for light to medium dark skintones. Do not just run the stick across your cheeks! A little goes a long way and is best applied with fingers, lightly dabbing on your cheeks, with a sponge applicator or a stippling brush, like the 188. I would apply this after foundation, but before powder. You do have to work quickly because it can also set/dry quickly. A lot of bloggers say this is similar to MAC's Weekend cream bronzer that came out last summer 2010 with the To The Beach collection.
Gilded White Powerpoint pencil is described as a warm white gold, with a metallic sheen. It does have a hint of yellow. The product itself has a soft texture and glides on smoothly on the lash line or waterline. Powerpoint pencils in general are long lasting, waterproof and won't smudge or budge once its dry.
Hibiscus Lipstick is a must-have from the collection! It's described as a bright orange coral and is a cremesheen. Cremesheens are one of my favorite finishes, next to amplified! This color screams summer and is a very wearable coral. It's not as bright and opaque like Toxic Tale and is definitely more of a darker coral than Ever Hip. If you could only get one lipstick from this collection, Hibiscus is the one to get!
Another must-have from Surf Baby is My Paradise Cheek Colour. It is described as a peach pressed powder with a gold hibiscus overspray/overlay. This can be a bit powdery, so I suggest using a MAC 168 or any angled blush brush for application. It's definitely more orange than NARS Orgasm and has more gold shimmer compared to Benefit's Coralista. Marine Life from the To The Beach Collection is a little more darker, less orange and less shimmery than My Paradise. The gold overspray will last quite a while since it's raised and has a thicker layer than Marine Life. Overall, this is a really pretty shade ;)
I picked up three of the five eyeshadows. All the shadows apply smoothly with great color payoff!
Sun Blonde is described as a dirty yellow gold with a Frost finish. It's looks more like a satin, than a frost. I don't have any color like this in my eyeshadow collection, so I just had to get it. I like how it's not a super bright yellow and is definitely a more wearable yellow compared to the ones in the permanent line.
Saffron is described as a deep coral caramel with a Satin Finish. I would describe it more like a reddish orange. This is a repromote from the Mickey Contractor collection. I didn't get this one last time because I wanted to see it in person and none of my MAC stores were carrying the collection in stores.
Surf USA is described as a vibrant teal with a Frost Finish. It's not too frosty. It's not a very unique color, but I'm a sucker for teal eyeshadows. Based on swatches online, it is very similar to Gulf Stream, which I don't have. Make sure to check your stash!
Left to Right: Saffron E/S, Sun Blonds E/S, Surf USA E/S, My Paradise, Tan Tint, Hibiscus, Gilded White 
I'll be picking up Lush Light Studio Careblend Powder, and maybe a few more things, when the collection launches on May 26th. Please let me know what you will be getting from Surf Baby!

Love & Care, 
LannetKrystle

Comments

  1. Thanks for the swatches! I can't wait to get my stuff now :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoOOOooo...I love that lipstick too! I plan on getting...
    My paradise cheek color
    Hibiscus lipstick
    Bust out lipstick
    saffron eyeshadow
    swell baby eyeshadow
    sun blonde eyeshadow
    surf usa eyeshadow
    and both the studio care poweders!!!

    I hope I'm able to get my hands on all the items I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jillian You will love it. I always ook forward to the summer collections ;)

    @Gabelle Great list! You should be able to get your hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff you got, What else are you looking to buy?? I think Im gonna order online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LVMAKEUP I am definitely picking up Lush Light Careblend powder, i'm not quite sure what else to get lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the bronzer stick today and I love it! Now I wanna go back and get more! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts